Eighteen Sound 21NTLW5000-8 21" 8-Ohm driver (Ships from manufacturer in 1-2 days)
Ships from manufacturer in 1-2 days.
- 96,5 dB SPL 1W / 1m average sensitivity
- Dual 115mm (4,5 in) Tetracoil Aluminum Voice coil
- 4000 W program power handling
- Ultra linear suspension behavior for excellent sound clarity
- Symmetric flux density and inductance behaviour
- Low noise forced air cooling design
- Water repellent cone and epoxy coated plates
- Suitable for vented, horn loaded and bandpass applications
The 21NTLW5000 is a 21 inch diameter next generation high performance subwoofer, specifically designed for high SPL very low frequency applications in either a reflex, bandpass or horn loaded configuration. For optimum results we recommend the usage of power amplifiers able to deliver 4000W program power without clipping.
The 21NTLW5000 uses Eighteen Sound proprietary Tetracoil technology, where two different, axially separated magnetic gaps and two inside-outside 4.5" diameter aluminum voice coils are wound on the same former and suspended evenly in the two magnetic gaps.
The Tetracoil design key advantages are:
1) a symmetric flux density versus displacement behavior, that minimizes the even distortion products;
2) a very symmetric and flat inductance curve;
3) the equivalent voice coil diameter of a 4.6" Tetracoil speaker is greater than 6". Consequently heat dissipation occurs over a larger surface area, driving AES power handling up to 1800 W.
21NTLW5000 design features include a large displacement suspension system which, in conjunction with a fiberglass reinforced, straight ribbed cone allows an ultra-linear piston action and provides full mechanical control across the entire working range.
In order to furtherly increase power handling and reduce power compression figure, a low density material air diffractor is placed into the backplate venting hole acting as a cooling system, increasing power handling capability and lowering the power compression figure.
21NTLW5000 is able to perform properly under inclement weather conditions: the exclusive cone treatment improves pulp strength and gives water repellent properties to both sides of the membrane. In addition, magnetic structure metal plates coating is far more resistant than standard zinc coating to the corrosive effects of salts and oxidization.
- Nominal Diameter: 533 mm ( in)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω
- Minimum Impedance: 6.8 Ω
- Nominal Power Handling1: 1800 W
- Continuous Power Handling2: 4000 W
- Sensitivity3: 97.0 dB
- Frequency Range: 30 - 1800 Hz
- Voice Coil Diameter: 115 mm (4.5 in)
- Surround Shape: Triple roll
- Cone Shape: Straight
- Magnet Material: Neo
- Woofer Cone Treatment: Water, UV repellent
- Recommended Enclosure: 200.0 dm3 (7.06 ft3)
- Recommended Tuning: 33 Hz
- Resonance Frequency: 31 Hz
- Re: 5.3 Ω
- Qes: 0.38
- Qms: 5.2
- Qts: 0.36
- Vas: 270.0 dm3 (9.53 ft3)
- Sd: 1662.0 cm2 (257.61 in2)
- Xmax: 17.5 mm
- Mms: 372.0 g
- Bl: 32.0 Txm
- Le: 1.6 mH
- EBP: 81 Hz
Mounting & Shipping Info
- Overall Diameter: 545 mm (21.46 in)
- Bolt Circle Diameter: 520 mm (20.47 in)
- Baffle Cutout Diameter: 492.0 mm (19.37 in)
- Depth: 320 mm (12.6 in)
- Flange and Gasket Thickness: 18 mm (0.71 in)
- Net Weight: 12.5 kg (27.56 lb)
- Shipping Weight: 13.5 kg (29.76 lb)
- Shipping Box: 570x570x350 mm (22.44x22.44x13.78 in)
- 2 hours test made with continuous pink noise signal within the range Fs-10Fs. Power calculated on rated minimum impedance. Loudspeaker in free air.
- Power on Continuous Program is defined as 3 dB greater than the Nominal rating.
- Applied RMS Voltage is set to 2.83 V for 8 ohms Nominal Impedance.